The Getaway Before the BIG DAY!
A significant part of weddings and planning is coordinating the Bachelorette and Bachelor Parties! Napa Valley is a perfect destination to host festive events – Planning the last fling before the ring! Napa Valley Bachelorette and Bachelor Parties – If wild late nights full of crazy crowds, loud discos, constant go-go-go, sleepless nights, and a city surrounded by 24/7 flashing neon lights are not your ideal destination for the “before-the-nuptials” celebration. In that case, escaping to the magical wine country paradise of Napa Valley is a perfect choice. The betrothed bride-to-be, groom-to-be, bachelorette, and bachelor party guests will be fully immersed in their ultimate pre-wedding getaway festivities. This world-renowned destination offers an abundance of activities to indulge in, delicious flavors to taste, sensations to experience, and memories to last a lifetime. Wedding Festivites!
Napa Valley is a quintessential destination for “Bachelorette and Bachelor Getaways.” What’s your ideal celebration – Classic or Trendy? Charming or Adventurous? There are options for everyone and every budget.
Pre-planning the details almost to the minute is essential as you will need reservations for most of your activities. With the duties of the maid of honor and best man being the key organizers for these signature soirees, here are a few tips and ideas to make your planning seamless to this iconic wine region pre-wedding escape with all of the Bride or Groom’s besties in toe. Weddings!
Let’s get this party started! Know before you go!
- Determine a few dates that work and how many days for the celebration in Napa Valley. A Thursday through a Sunday is usually the norm, though you may find mid-week more attractive with fewer crowds and better prices if that works for everyone.
- How many sisters and besties or brothers and buds will be attending?
- Will this be a bachelorette-only getaway, or will the bachelors run in tandem with various events?
- Figure out a budget that will work financially for all attendees and who’s covering what. No one likes surprise expenses. On average, the bridal party attendees spend about $250 to $350 daily. All costs for the Bride or Groom should be covered by the bachelorette/bachelor party guests.
- Find your perfect place to stay and lock that in before reserving all bachelorette/bachelor party activities.
- Plan the celebration activities so that all wedding party participants can be a part of the choices, and reserve and lock them in before you arrive. This will ensure that the fun festivities commence without a glitch. Just arrive and celebrate!
Bachelorette & Bachelor Party To Dos in Napa Valley!
Wineries – Tour and Taste Around Napa Valley
Take the stress out of finding your way around the valley and leave the driving to your entertaining tour guides for the day with a Limo or Party-Bus Wine tastings. After your group has been picked up at your hotel, you will be swept off for a fun day tasting at 3 to 4 wineries with Platypus Wine Tours. If pure luxury is your way to cruise, you can tour in style as you cruise from winery to winery in your private plush limo with Master Wine Tours. If you love the feel of the open air of all outdoors, taking in the panorama of the valley, go vintage topless with Classic Convertible Wine Tours.
While you are out touring, perhaps plan a picnic amongst the vines
Many of the area wineries offer picnic tables. Bring your box lunch, buy a few bottles of wine, and voila – a delightful Napa Valley experience amongst the vineyards. You will find a perfect picnic setting at Rutherford Hill Winery, perched on a hill with majestic views overlooking the valley. If you don’t want to lift a finger for your lunch break, Faust Haus will take care of all the picnic fixings and the tastings exclusively for you.
Explore Tasting Rooms, Breweries, and Distilleries on your Own
A few other fun ways to taste the Napa Valley is to visit a few local tasting rooms on your own – a few unique stops are Tank Garage Winery, The Studio by Feast it Forward, and Vintner’s Collective. Brewery and distillery tours and winery tastings are also great ways to spend the afternoon. Take a 6-hour tour with your fellow beer lovers to the craft breweries of downtown Napa with Napa Native Tours, or check out the premium spirits and cocktails at ArBARetum at the Napa Valley Distillery. Try “The Perfect Flaw” or “The Gentleman Caller.”
Tour the Napa Valley by Train
All aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train. Let the conductor orchestrate your scenic wine tour while the onboard chefs create your culinary food and wine pairing. It’s almost hypnotizing as you leisurely roll along with the clackety-clack of the tracks up the valley floor, peering out of the train’s picture windows at vineyard after vineyard.
Get Outside and Have an Adventure Day
Do an ultra-adventure hike wine tour – go to hidden back road wineries and taste exclusive small-production wines with Active Wine Adventures. In the warmer months, you can go paddleboarding or kayaking on the Napa River – Enjoy Napa Valley kayak and paddleboard rentals. Take a cruisy eBike ride around town or along Napa Valley Vine Trail with Napa Valley eBikes.
Golfing – Grab a T-Time and Hit the area links with a round or two!
If you are missing your weekend golf game, you can easily book a golf outing at one of the many signature golf courses in Napa Valley. Get out and T-off amongst the vineyards at the beautiful Chardonnay Golf Club. If a championship course is your thing, you can play a round at the legendary PGA course at Silverado Resort. For a half-day golf fix, you can squeeze in a quick nine at Vintner’s Golf Club in Yountville.
Up, Up, and Away in your Beautiful Balloon
On crisp early mornings, you will discover a light crystal mist blanketing the valley floor as you are some of the first in the sky to soar high above the vines on a hot Air balloon ride with Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides. Harvest Season / Fall is a stunning time to do this with the brilliant fall colors that saturate the valley.
Add a Little Zen to your day with a Spa Experience
Spoil yourselves! After your morning tea, take a leisurely journey over to La Pagode at Auberge du Soleil or Bardessono to start your day with a rejuvenating yoga class and discover a little namaste before the day’s activities are in full swing. Then you are off to pamper yourselves in the afternoon at one of the many luxury spas with group wine facials, hot rock massages, and colorful pedicures Spa Solage or Spa Terra at Meritage Resort & Spa. Or venture up to legendary Calistoga to immerse yourself in one of their renowned mud & mineral baths: Moon Acre Spa or the Baths at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort.
Foodie Nirvana – Become your own Top Chef with a Personalized Culinary Class
Nothing is more delicious than spending an afternoon cooking with your team in a state-of-the-art kitchen facility. Your group will be guided by professionally trained chefs who will take you every step of the way in creating inspiring cuisine with fresh, local ingredients. The reward and mouth-watering part is after all of the creations are done, you will indulge in the fruits of your labor paired with some excellent Napa Valley wines. CIA at Copia, the Playte Kitchen, or Silverado Cooking School. Bravo chefs!
Nightlife and Events Around the Valley
Toast the bride-to-be or groom-to-be under the stars at the Sky & Vine Rooftop Bar at the Archer Hotel, then keep the party going and head over to the Blue Note for some lively jazz entertainment. Attend one of the many year-round food, wine, and music events happening in the valley – various special events are offered weekly. Or plan your pre-wedding get-a-way around signature events like Live in the Vineyard Goes Country or BottleRock. Partying at one of the many nightly music venues in downtown Napa always sets the stage for a festive and lively evening. JaM Cellars rocks it with live music from Thursdays to Saturdays during the summer months.
For the Festivities Finale
Let the bubbles flow while you toast the memories of the pre-wedding extravaganza as it comes to a delicious denouement! Have a Lingerie Shower Champagne Brunch as your closing ceremony. A perfect setting to top off the celebration for the bride-to-be is Be Bubbly, the first champagne Lounge in Napa. For the ultimate indulgence, make a reservation at the Regiis OVA Caviar & Champagne Lounge by Chef Thomas Keller in Yountville. Pure decadence!
Gentlemen prepare for the hilarity and laughter at The Groom’s Roast Dinner – Make your last night in Napa Valley something to remember as you roast and toast the groom at one of Napa Valley’s many Michelin–rated restaurants.
For more details on all of these activities, check out www.visitnapavalley.com
LINKS TO THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES
- Platypus Wine Tours – https://www.platypustours.com/
- Master Wine Tours – https://masterwinetours.com/
- Classic Convertible Wine Tours – https://www.ccwinetours.com/
- Tank Garage Winery – https://www.tankgaragewinery.com/
- The Studio by Feast it Forward – https://feastitforward.com/pages/visit-us
- Vintner’s Collective – https://www.vintnerscollective.com/
- La Pagode at Auberge du Soleil – https://aubergeresorts.com/aubergedusoleil/event-spaces/la-pagode/
- Bardessono – https://www.bardessono.com/spa.htm
- CIA at Copia – https://www.ciaatcopia.com/classes/
- The Playte Kitchen – https://www.playtekitchen.com/
- Silverado Cooking School – https://silveradocookingschool.com/
- Napa Valley Wine Train – https://www.winetrain.com/
- The Archer – Sky & Vine Roof Top Bar – https://www.skyandvine.com/
- Blue Note – https://www.bluenotejazz.com/napa/?
- Rutherford Hill Winery – https://www.rutherfordhill.com/#
- Faust Haus – https://faustwines.com/
- Be Bubbly – https://www.bebubblynapa.com/
- Regiis Ova Caviar & Champagne Lounge – https://www.regiisova.com/
- Chardonnay Golf Club – http://www.chardonnaygolfclub.com/
- Silverado Resort Golf – https://www.silveradoresort.com/experience/golf/
- Vintner’s Golf Club – http://www.vintnersgolfclub.com/
- Napa Native Tours – https://www.napanative.com/
- Napa Valley Distillery – https://www.napadistillery.com/
- Active Wine Adventures – https://www.activewineadventures.com/
- The Ace & Vine – https://aceandvine.com/
- Napa Valley eBikes – https://www.napavalleyebikes.com/
- Enjoy Napa Valley – https://enjoy-napa-valley.com/
- Napa Valley Vine Trail – https://www.vinetrail.org/
- JaM Cellars – https://jamcellars.com/
- Napa Valley Aloft Balloon Rides – https://nvaloft.com/
- Napa Valley Wine Academy – https://napavalleywineacademy.com/
- Napa Valley’s Michelin-Rated Restaurants – https://www.visitnapavalley.com/restaurants/michelin-starred/