Roasted Squash and Tomato Pasta by Fiesta Seasoning
- 18oz grape tomatoes – divided
- 1 large (or 2 small) zucchini, ¼” slices
- 1 large (or 2 small) yellow squash, ¼” slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil- divided
- 2 teaspoons Fiesta Seasoning – divided
- 8oz penne pasta
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pot to cook pasta, salt the water.
2. In a bowl add zucchini, squash, and about ¾ of a cup of tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of Fiesta Seasoning and mix until well coated. Lay the coated veggies flat on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
3. Cook pasta according to directions. About 9 minutes for al dente.
3. While pasta is cooking heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet, add shallots and garlic and sauté until almost translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the remaining tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of Fiesta Seasoning and cook until the tomatoes become tender. Once tender, gently press the tomatoes open with the back of a wooden spoon, they may splatter a bit when pressed.
4. Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted. Add in the drained pasta, stirring to coat with the tomato sauce. Mix in the shredded Parmesan cheese. Gently mix in the roasted vegetables. Serve the pasta with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.