- 1 ½ lb Tomatillos, washed with hulls removed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and left whole
- 1 Jalapeno, washed, top removed and left whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Fiesta Seasoning with Jalapenos
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon Fiesta Seasoning with Jalapenos
- 1 small lime, juiced
- ½ cup of cilantro
- Small flour or corn tortillas for tacos
- Cacique queso fresco cheese or your favorite cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In a bowl add tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeno, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of Fiesta Seasoning and mix until well coated. Lay the coated veggies flat on one side of a parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Season both sides of chicken breast with Fiesta Seasoning with Jalapenos, about ½ teaspoon. Place the chicken breast on the other side of the lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Once everything is roasted remove the chicken from the roasting pan. Carefully pour the roasted veggies into a blender, add lime juice and cilantro, and blend until everything is finely chopped and mixed. Shred or dice chicken breast into bite sizes pieces.
5. To prepare tacos fill tortillas with chicken, pour some of the tomatillo salsa over chicken, and serve with additional cilantro and Cacique queso fresco cheese, if desired.
"We love the fresh flavor that the roasted tomatillos gives to this salsa, and our Fiesta Seasoning with Jalapenos adds just the right amount of zip!"