Churchill Wild Culinary Experience - This recipe was created by Marie Woolsey and long-time friend and colleague Helen Webber. They have been collaborating and creating their recipes together from the Tundra for over 30 years. During those years they have published their cookbook series - "Blueberries and Polar Bears" series which has resulted in nine delicious editions.
These recipes have pleased many over the generations as the family cooking tradition continues. You will find many of these Tundra inspired recipes served at the Churchill Wild Lodges co-owned by Helen's daughter Jeanne Reimer and her husband Mike, who founded Churchill Wild.
Their Full-Sized Cookbooks are:
- Blueberries and Polar Bears
- Cranberries & Canada Geese
- Black Currents and Caribou
- Icebergs & Belugas
They have also created a Wild and Wonderful Mini-Cookbook Series
- Wild & Wonderful Blueberries
- Wild & Wonderful Cranberries
- Wild & Wonderful Goose & Game
- Wild & Wonderful Wild Rice
- Wild & Wonderful Fish
I am looking forward to indulging in Many of these delightful recipes on my journey to Churchill WIld next week!
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, sour cream and milk. Beat well with a wire whisk.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and beat with the wire whisk until the batter is fairly smooth. A few small lumps won’t hurt the pancakes.
4. Heat a greased griddle or heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour batter on to the hot griddle and cook until the top is bubbly and the pancake is slightly dry around the edges. Turn and cook on the other side until just golden brown.
• In a saucepan, mix blueberries, sugar, butter, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes. Add lemon juice and serve. Extra sauce can be stored in the refrigerator. It’s also good with waffles, or cold, over ice cream!